Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Random Things...

So last week our school held mini assemblies to address certain issues within the school. This is what prompted me to post my last question- "Do people think before they speak?"- based upon the reaction of some people.

One issue that needed addressing was skipping classes. It was stated that it was an unexceptable and would not be tolerated and I swear you could hear students grumbling when the staff said the parents would be contacted regarding unexcused absences. What I want to know is why this was all such a big deal to everyone. It's nothing new. Since when is attending classes and option? If people don't want to be here then why don't they just drop out and stop ruining everything for the rest of us? If it is such a big deal to show up everyday when they are in highschool what are they going to do when, if, they get a job? I'm the first to admit I don't love every aspect of school but you deal with it cause it has to be done to lay the groundwork for the REST OF YOUR LIFE...

The issue that appauled me the most was that of smoking on school property. People were actually mad that they have to 'go all the way out to city property'. Why is it such a big deal for them? #1. Smoking is illegal at our age, they're lucky all they have to do is get off schoolboard property; #2. If they want to smoke and kill themselves why should I have to feel the after effects of it? I don't appreciate having to inhale second-hand smoke and having my clothes smell of smoke because I have to walk through it to get into the school everyday! and; #3. Someone actually asked for an explanaation as to why they can't have smoking areas IN they school... Can I reiderate the fact that SMOKING AT OUR AGE IS ILLEGAL. Think before you speak!

For all those who want to throw their Rights as a Canadain Citizen against my comments look at the charter of rights:

Guarantee Of Rights and Freedoms

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

AND

Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

a) freedom of conscience and religion;
b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
d) freedom of association.

This says that sure, have the right to say and do what you want but only to the limits set by society to ensure the prosperous life of those around you. YOU CAN'T SAY AND DO THINGS THAT INTERFERE WITH THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS!

7 comments:

  1. Oh hey, I think I'm agreeing with you for once,
    Yup,
    Feels nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an interesting person. I love how you and the CRUNCH get a long. :-) I think I will make you partners for the whole semester. :-) Have a great weekend. Csada

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an interesting person, especially when you work with the CRUNCH. :-) I think I will make you partners for the whole semester. :-) Have a great weekend. Csada

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a dork cash:P!!! I guess I should have played on Tuesday hey? But I rather enjoyed watching your brother build people out of candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I strongly agree with Mrs. Fancy. I really had fun watching Andy make that little person. OMG he has stubby legs, good time. That was an um... interesting time. hehe. Well I should prolly go write my new blog. Even though I have no clue what to write about. I will do what I do best. and just talk about nothing randomly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read this blog. And I totally agree with the whole "smoking policy" I mean I have asthma and that smoke kills me.

    ReplyDelete